Thank you for choosing A1 Outdoor Cleaners.
We have been in business for over 25 years and look forward to meeting your expectations. Before we commence the work please take the time to read the following.
Preparation for House Washing
1. The process to clean the exterior of your house is as follows: we use a low pressure/hi flow pump to hose the bleach/detergent solution onto the exterior of your house. We then use long handled, soft brushes to gently work the solution into the painted and smooth surfaces to dislodge the dirt, mould, dust, etc. We then hose your home with clean water to rinse the solution off. Everything from the outside of your gutters down will be cleaned using this process including the windows, however unless quoted extra this service does not include squeegeeing windows or removal of any screens or crimsafe screens to be washed. It does not include the flooring of any part of the house or the roof.
2. It is the responsibility of the home owner/person booking the service to determine that this process is suitable for ALL aspects of their home. Including but not limited to different substances used on home and electrical areas of concern are sealed and protected to your satisfaction. Please call us if you need help with any of this.
3. Unpainted brickwork is washed and rinsed but not scrubbed as our soft brushes are too delicate to withstand the rough, porous surface.
4. We do not deviate from the above process under any circumstances. This includes using a different or altered solution or method on any part of the house.
5. Make sure all windows and doors are securely closed. If you are aware your windows or doors leak or are just unsure please confirm your booking for a day you can be home to monitor this. We do not accept responsibility for water damage if windows and/or doors are left open or leak. This included water that may come under the front door.
6. Make sure all points of electricity and electrical items are protected, although we will endeavour to check them we are unable to guarantee our technician will notice them all or that taping them up will stop any water from entering. Please note we will not be held responsible should any damage occur to any electrical items that are not designed to withstand being hosed around with plenty of water. Ask yourself would you be happy to take a garden hose and spray bleach around where you are asking us to clean.
7. IMPORTANT: WATER FINDS ITS WAY INTO AREAS THAT YOU MAY NOT REALISE IT CAN GET TO. IF THE POWER TRIPS THE AVERAGE DRYING TIME APPEARS TO BE 2-6 HOURS. YOU MUST CONTACT OUR OFFICE FIRST TO DISCUSS YOUR CONCERNS. IF YOU ENGAGE AN ELECTRICIAN PRIOR TO CONTACTING OUR OFFICE IN THE FIRST INSTANCE ANY CLAIM FOR COMPENSATION WILL BE VOID.IF THE ELECTRICAN DOES NOT CALL THE OFFICE WHILE ONSITE WE WILL NOT CONSIDER THE CLAIM.
8. Remove any small pot plants away from the house, larger pots can be moved enough to enable accessibility to the exterior of your home.
9. Restrain all animals safely away from the outside of the house or inside for the duration of the job.
10. Anything you consider may be damaged by bleach or water must be covered or removed and placed safely inside or away from the house by you. We do not touch any property on the job site including but not limited to animal beds, toys, mats, pot plants, outdoor furniture, children’s belongings, bbqs, electrical items, open power boards etc. We do not accept responsibility for anything damaged by bleach or water that has been left out.
11. Any property or belongings underneath a deck or patio where cleaning solution or water can seep through needs to be correctly protected from any risk of damage. We do not accept responsibility for damage to your property that hasn’t be properly protected – especially if we cannot see these items.
12. Any areas of concern have been addressed including large items of furniture, electrical fittings on decks (eg. Fans, TV, etc.). Please contact our office to discuss or advise any of these arrears so it can be added to notes on the job sheet.
13. If you have white or light guttering you may anticipate some staining will not be removed. (the same applies to concrete finishes that have been stained by oil or some muds)
14. Less than 1% of the homes in Brisbane may have a build of a greasy dust/grime that may leave a small residue. This mainly occurs on busy travel routes. This residue will improve with each house wash however with these homes our system will brighten the house and get rid of the mould and cobwebs etc., but no matter how hard we scrub our brushes are too soft to get the entire fine residue off. More often than not these houses also form small water droplets under weather boards that will collect some of that residue.
15. Candles and other waxy substances will leave stains that our service may not remove, as can marks left from dogs or plants rubbing against your home.
16. Remove washing from the line and/or around the house. As a courtesy to your neighbours let them know especially if they have a washing line close to your home. Also, if they normally have windows open nearby they can shut them and bring in any items they may be concerned about.
17. Our payment terms are: credit card or cash payable on or prior to the booking date. If you decide to book your job for a day you cannot be home cash must be left somewhere for the house washer to collect upon arrival. If you prefer to pay credit card our technician will phone you upon arrival at your property before the job is commenced. If he cannot contact you via telephone within a reasonable timeframe the job will not be completed. Our administration staff will follow up rebooking the job. If you wish to inspect the job before payment you will need to book the house wash on a day you can be home.
Please note we cannot retrieve texts messages on our mobile numbers, if you need to call the office to notify us of any changes please ring 38792364 or 38792354.
If you do not agree with any or all of the above please contact us immediately.